Cross breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heiko

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just out of interest. Can (or do) swordtails breed with platies for example?

Just bein curious, any replies would be gr8 :D

I have a platy, swordtail hybrid, he is deformed and sterile.. but a lovely fish all the same.

That is pretty weird, though I have a male velvet red swordtail that has been getting busy with my female black molly. Funny thing is, the molly is pregnant, but I don't know by what fish, seeing as all the males have gotten to her :)

What'll be funky about them, the fish are pretty much shaped the same. If they are cross breeds, I may take a few, I think it'd be cool.

No i dont, and its not a very attractive side effect neither, he dosnt look the same HIS BODY IS DEFORMED. I dont think that you should cross breed fish to make them have defects that may make their lives half as short, and give them medical problems. Just my two cents.

I've seen a couple of cross breed livebearers online that looked very nice. I think it's just the luck of the genetic draw.

I think the concern here is it is inhumane to try. and it is a valid argument. accidents do happen, but to do it on purpose is another story.

im just being inquisitive. :? im not thinking bout doing it or nething. :(

Back
Top Bottom