Crossocheilus reticulatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah... another vote for molly/platy/guppy. I see those *alot* at work. Its body type isnt even all that close to that of an adult silver fox.

If this one is a Molly or platy it must have came in the bag like the previous post says but that still doesn't explain the other fry I saw a month ago when I didn't have any other different possibilities. My male silver fox chases my female like mad she gets real fat then suddenly shrinks in size over night then a week or two later I notice small fry first I found one that was left then it disappeared so go eaten then about a month later I spotted two in my tank and tried to segregate them in a tall glass submerged in tank but my blue crayfish knocked it over in the night and they wer no-where to be seen. At this stage the only pairs I had in my tank wer glass catfish, decorated squeaking catfish and my silver fox all species never been bred in the aquarium and there was no addition of plants or fish for months and no other pairs wer chasing etc. I'm beginning to believe this fry I have segregated is a silver Molly but I am almost 100% certain that the ones before wer my silver fox and 100% certain it will happen again I hope if they do I can segregate it and show everyone on here. I'm not just some dumb amature thinking he's got something he hasn't I hope and hope I can proove this soon. I now have the net tank you put in your tank for the small fry I just wish I had a separate tank for all my other fish and cray to make sure all fry survive but I can't. Me my fiance her mum and her dad are all on the look out every day so fingers crossed soon i can save some silver fox fry. If I can and can proove I've got a breeding pair what shall I do from there???

I am not at all dis crediting you it's just the one in the picture is a livebearer you could have all kinds of silver fox fry but the picture is a livebearer

I hope you got some too and if so buy a grow out tank breed and sell my friend or trade in for credit

Okay thank you and I'm pretty sure the one I have now is a silver Molly still happy but silver fox would have been a much bigger smile :( thanks for all your help not sure if my silver Molly is pregnant just put up a new thread with a pic so hopefully will find out soon cheers

Back
Top Bottom