Crossocheilus reticulatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved to FW and Brackish- breeding. Please start only one thread per topic, and please post it in the appropriate forum.

They are egg layers. If you find babies, separate them and feed them. ;)

Are you sure it is your flying foxes that bred? What are your other tank inhabitants?

I'm sure it's my flying fox it is impossible to be anything else! The fry is safe and I will take pictures as it grows as proof! Here's one I just took...

image-138230696.jpg

What else is in the tank? That doesn't look like a flying fox at all.

Did that come from an egg? Sure looks like a live bearer to me. It looks pretty large to have just come out of an egg. What else is in the tank? You still haven't answered that question.

I have an electric blue lobster.
Two glass catfish
Two decorated squeaking catfish
Four red platys but purchased after finding the fry.
Two silver mollys also purchased after the find.
One golden pleco
One gourami

Honestly it is my silver fox I'm just going to take more pics now two secs

I'm guessing platy or molly, could have been a small newborn fry when they netted your other fish. Might not have seen it in the bag even.

I suppose time will tell.

In the pics it looks just White but it has some thin scales all over which you can't see in pics

image-1741713484.jpg

image-3144524814.jpg

image-1007984461.jpg

image-3906457477.jpg

image-2892611631.jpg

Still looks like a molly/guppy/platy fry to me. Give it a month and you'll be able to tell for sure.

Definitely not a flying fox. I agree with molly/guppy/platy. Fry occasionally come in with plants as well, so if you have any plants that could be a possibility.

It is not any of the above the fry was in there before purchasing the Molly and paty I have no guppies and no live plants! I will private message you or post back on here in two weeks or so to proove it is silver flying fox :)

I know it's been said but it's a guppy/platy/Molly fry I am almost 100% sure it's not a flying fox none of the characteristics match the flying fox
The picture is a fox fry you can pretty much see the black strip from hatching plus the long body and shape of the head

ryan-peddle said:
I know it's been said but it's a guppy/platy/Molly fry I am almost 100% sure it's not a flying fox none of the characteristics match the flying fox
The picture is a fox fry you can pretty much see the black strip from hatching plus the long body and shape of the head

A flying fox and a silver flying fox are totally different species just to let you know and silver flying fox's do not have the black strip at all!

Just for those who don't know, this is a Crossocheilus reticulatus...

image-2204956343.jpg

Back
Top Bottom