Danio not releasing eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrshandy404

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I can't figure out how to post a pic, but she's huge and has been for like 2 months now. I'm afraid she's going to die :( I've read that there needs to be a male present. I have 8 danios but can't tell the sex. What are the chances I don't have a male? What can I do for her? We tried putting her in a breeding cage, but she jumped out and it was hard to catch her. Poor thing! She's all humpbacked she's so big!

Are you on the app or the web browser?

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Danios takes little to be over fed, females will be larger and more bloated to hold eggs for every day spawning, they spawn every sunrise, as just tiny light hit the tank they will spawn, they are cold water but will spawn anywhere from 10C to 24C, recommended 18C and above. Females are fat if fed little over they will get bloated easily, just starve them every other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm using my iPhone to post. It's asking for the URL of the pic, but I'm not savvy in this stuff. I haven't any idea what that means. This is not an over fed fish. The others are just fine.

Download the AA Mobile App. When replying to posts you should see the following:

QVoCpxDh.jpg

Aaaahhhh! That's better! ? thank you! Here's the pic of the poor gal. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462799236.401644.jpg

Aaaahhhh! That's better! ? thank you! Here's the pic of the poor gal. View attachment 286700

My danios look the same after big feeding time, I'd let them starve 3-4 days with tiny feeding, remember fish stomach is as big as their eyes, if you worried about some fish not being fed, feed them little 3 times a day

Back
Top Bottom