Endler Fry Sex Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loueradun

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. My friend was nice enough to buy some N class endlers and share 6 of them with me (1 male, 5 females), and I now have 7 endler fry that are nearing 1 month in age.

I would really like to separate the male fry from the females as I wanted to experiment cross breeding some of them with some of my favorite fancy guppies in my community tank.

I have read that at 1 month is a good time to separate them, but I can't seem to tell them apart... Are there any clear markers I should look for, or is the lack of clear indicators just mean they aren't ready yet? They are probably nearing about 1/2" inch in size, but they do not stay still long enough to get a good look at.

The females will stay the green/gray color - Males will start showing color. It will be faint but it will be there.
If you in fact do have true N-Class Endlers I would consider keeping them that way.
You should also keep the tanks fairly far apart. These fish jump. Also Use dedicated nets
Once they mix you will def not have N-Class any longer

Thank you for the tips.

They are legitimate N class endlers, he spent almost $100 on 10 of them. I have 3 tanks at the moment, one for the pure endlers, another which will be my breeding tank, and my community tank (all in separate rooms). I have a few fancy guppies and at least 2 K class endlers that are absolutely gorgeous, and I really want more of them!

I do plan on keeping the one tank as a pure endler tank. I really love these little endlers, so much energy and very playful.

I guess I will need to keep checking on them, I haven't noticed any color yet, but some do seem a little more plump than the others (still really hard to tell), and I am guessing those will be the females.

endlers

100$? What species did he get ? That is A lot of money for most endlers .
If you have a line costing that much It would def be worth it not to mix. Keep pure. Once you mix they are not worth much.

I breed,sell, and ship a few lines of endlers one of them N-Class the other a P and one is K (ha I have Fertilizer Endlers)

Back
Top Bottom