Female guppy fry more popular?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Maybe my guppy fry are to young to tell but it seems like all of them are female except one! I was just wondering if maybe females are more common then male fry?

Just wait it out , I thought the same then it was like over night bam ! They were all males !!!!! How old are they mine were approx 10 to11 weeks old when they changed ;)

Just wait it out , I thought the same then it was like over night bam ! They were all males !!!!! How old are they mine were approx 10 to11 weeks old when they changed ;)

Oh mine are no where near that old! Haha. Do you remember what temp you have your water set at?

Mine is usually 27 without a heater sometimes 28 it really depends how warm it is over here , but minimum 26 ..

Maybe my guppy fry are to young to tell but it seems like all of them are female except one! I was just wondering if maybe females are more common then male fry?

They all look female to start with, but then some do develop the male bits. (don't know proper word :D) also is might be a myth, but I've heard that heat can affect the outcome too.

Back
Top Bottom