Female guppy pregnant or bloated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just took them out just cause I got a real one but i probs won’t be able to move her until tomorrow which will be here 30 day pregnant day and won’t that stress her out to much?

I sorted it out I snipped a bit of my plant and put it in the breeder box as cover

That will give a few places for fry to hide. Top floating is better. At the beginning they are at the top.

You can pluck pieces off a new plastic plant and let float, usually the plastic plants are linked with a connector and can gently twist off and be put back later.

The floating live stem plants usually do great floating at the top because they get good light being so close to it there.

Should be getting close to birthing.

Do you have food for the babies?
Hikari First Bites is a good basic food. You can buy live food cultures too. Vinegar eels, white worms. Grow Brine Shrimp and feed babies baby Brine shrimp.

Last edited:
Yea autumn I have a breeder box that soon as she gives birth there is a little catchment below and the fry swim into that and the gaps are to small for her to swim into and yes I have food for them

My two guppies gave birth to about thirty fry and one of them looks like she is gonna have a couple more tonight so that is great news

Back
Top Bottom