fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guppy fry are now 2 weeks 5 days, have got larger! When will I be able to work out their sex? No colours as of yet:(

Attachments

• image-1737829817.jpg
    image-1737829817.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2832514538.jpg
    image-2832514538.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image-939002256.jpg
    image-939002256.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 69
  • image-98758701.jpg
    image-98758701.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1127645050.jpg
    image-1127645050.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1473845139.jpg
    image-1473845139.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3422813147.jpg
    image-3422813147.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1820707526.jpg
    image-1820707526.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 78
So I haven't been posting that much info on my little guys lately,so I thought do and update.
All my fry are doing great but there is one problem.They are getting bigger=lots of poop.One of my black tetras died a week or so ago,but I don't think it was because of bad water quality.It was losing its color and hanging around the bottom.Next morning it was dead,but that also means my tank has some room to add a guppy.There was some algae beginning to accumulate so I cut down the light time.Also some of them are starting to get some color!!Cant wait to see how they turn out.

They're in a 7 1/2 gallon and I'm feeding this powder fry food... Not sure of the name but my betta pellets are the same brand if that helps at all :p I feed twice a day.

Sounds like, if not similar, Hikari first bites. By this time you should be feeding them a combination of foods. A lot of people like to feed baby brine shrimp and flakes combo. I am just feeding combination of Hikari first hires and flakes. They will be on full flakes here in the next week or so.

An update on my batch from a week ago. I had saved 12. As of last night I saved on more and found about 3-4 more swimming around in the tank! Hopefully I can save them before I do my WC this evening.

An update on my fry: my first batch, just over a month old, are doing great now that I moved the ghost shrimp out. There are six of them, and from what I can tell I have 3 males and 3 females. No official signs that I can see. Just a size difference right now.

My second batch I have saved 13 with 3-4 more swimming around the tank. They are about 1 week old if not a couple days older. Thinking I need to upgrade my 1gal. fry tank to something a little bigger.

Female just dropped more, don't have anywhere to put all of these fry, I'm just gonna let nature take its course with this batch! Really thinking about getting rid of my female guppies:(

Female just dropped more, don't have anywhere to put all of these fry, I'm just gonna let nature take its course with this batch! Really thinking about getting rid of my female guppies:(

I know how that feels. My wife was kind of happy to ear that our mommy was gone. I'm probably going to replace her with a few of the males out of her first batch. Instead of breeding guppies will be moving on into something a little bit more difficult. Not sure which breed I want to try yet.

I know how that feels. My wife was kind of happy to ear that our mommy was gone. I'm probably going to replace her with a few of the males out of her first batch. Instead of breeding guppies will be moving on into something a little bit more difficult. Not sure which breed I want to try yet.

Yeah, I don't want to breed guppies anymore! Going to stay away from live bearers!

Ive moved on from gups also. Still have a few males, but i let my colony die off. Im burried in angels tho and expecting cray babies in a few weeks!!!

Back
Top Bottom