Fry soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
About 14 days ago I posted this picture of my Dalmatian Lyretail Molly:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388252684.787268.jpg

I put her in my breeding box a few days ago and she looks like this now:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388252740.771513.jpg

How long till some fry?

Does she look flat on the underside if her belly ? If so she could pop anyway. I didnt put mine in a net i just watched for the babies and scooped them out into a smaller tank ..
How long has she been in the net ? They don't really like them , well mine didn't

Good luck

Does she look flat on the underside if her belly ? If so she could pop anyway. I didnt put mine in a net i just watched for the babies and scooped them out into a smaller tank ..
How long has she been in the net ? They don't really like them , well mine didn't

Good luck

She does look flatter now. The thing about letting her swim free and then scooping the babies is I don't know if I'd be fast enough to catch them before some of the other fish got to them.

She does look flatter now. The thing about letting her swim free and then scooping the babies is I don't know if I'd be fast enough to catch them before some of the other fish got to them.

Ok.. Well i just hovered above the tank with a net and its pretty easy really as she comes to the surface to give birth the out they pop and then i put the babies in a breeder box for a few hours then into my 25litre .. If there's hiding spots some of the babies will survive. It really depends on how many you want to keep ? My Molly had 30 her first and second time after that i stopped catching them and still had at least 10 survive out of the next one.... Then i rehomed the boys ;)

Alright I'll try that. I'm hoping to keep a couple, and rehome a few to my friend.

Back
Top Bottom