Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fox1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am planning on getting a new community tank and I want to get some Ghost Shrimp with the other fish. What I see on the web everywhere is that they reproduce and reproduce. I don't mind if the shrimp do but I don't want a hundred little ghost shrimp running around my tank. So is there anyway to prevent reproducing so I don't get a bunch of ghost shrimp?:thanks:

I am planning on getting a new community tank and I want to get some Ghost Shrimp with the other fish. What I see on the web everywhere is that they reproduce and reproduce. I don't mind if the shrimp do but I don't want a hundred little ghost shrimp running around my tank. So is there anyway to prevent reproducing so I don't get a bunch of ghost shrimp?:thanks:

None that I can think of. Like livebearers, if you give them the right conditions, shrimp will lay eggs and reproduce over and over and over... :eek:

That's to bad. Well thank you for the info!

I decided to get 4 ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon, is there any pointers that I need to know to help take care of them? I have 2 moss balls and 4 Corys with them.

Back
Top Bottom