Gupies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just got to tell you all just how hardy my guppies were i got them when they were fry i had a 4 gal tank no heater no filter nothing to treat the water with and goldfish flakes to feed my 2 guppies and these to fish were actually healthy and very fat i used to wait till the water went brown n stank out my room befor i cleaned the tank when i cleaned them out i used to catch them in a net then put them in shot galsses then put them back in freezing cold water i no im sick but this was befor i new nything about fish i didnt even no what type of fish they were these fish actually lived for over 2 years and only came to an end when 1 jumped out the shot glass and when under the floor bords and i gave the other 1 to my friend and it died there also i had canal fish in there from a fishing trip i actually feel sick about what i did i cant believe they lived so long but they did take well over a year to reach full size <<<<< sory about the punchuation im lazy

I had another female drop 14 fry in total. Again I wasn't there to see her give birth but hopefully I will soon. I released my first two fry into the main tank and they seem to be doing fine.

Thanks again for all your advice after I get good at guppy breading, I want to move on to a non-livebearing fish. Any ideas what would be the next logical step after breading guppies?

Bettas are relativly easy to get to breed, you just have to do your research and plan for it. I have not yet succesfully raised betta fry, but my next door neighbor has. My GBR's just spawned last night, so that is what I am working on right now.

Yer I'd thought about betta's and i spoke to the guy at my LFS about it. I was really keen but space and money are huge issues for me as I'm 15 and only have a small room. I had a female betta and she was awesome and it is something i really want to do. I've asked on this forum about space requirements for bettas and it just seems as though there is noway that I could make room :(.

Any other possible fish that would be good for a beginner to breed?

I can't think of anything else that wouldn't take too much space to breed/raise the young. My gbrs spawned without any sort of conditioning from me (i thought they were too young still), but I am now having to make a tank change sooner than I was planning to raise the young.

Well I'm really happy with my guppies right now. I guess its just the thing with this hobby you always want to get another fish. I guess ill just have to try and convince my parents to get a large tank downstairs somewhere :D. Unfortunately they dont share my passion for the hobby so I doubt I will be successful :( sure as hell wont stop me trying though lol.

right. Hey, I understand your limitations. Thankfully, I have my own place, though it is quicky filling up my 1br apartment. I am actually having to get rid of a chair in my bedroom to be able to fit the tank I am getting today. I never used it anyway, it just gets laundry piled on it instead.

Back
Top Bottom