guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have questions for setting up some breeder tanks feel free to ask.

Ok you have a lighter skinned female guppies. The gravid spot on them will be a red/ orange. It wont be dark black it will be more red. If you have a male with them best bet is they are pregnant. What you will have to look for is the squaring off. Over time you will see that the females will start to get fatter. (look before feeding them)

Any chance that the babies could look like my male? I think he's pretty. Haven't seen any spots yet but maybe its just too early to tell, will the male impregnate both females? because he only seems to want to hang out with my smaller female

Artist said:
Ok you have a lighter skinned female guppies. The gravid spot on them will be a red/ orange. It wont be dark black it will be more red. If you have a male with them best bet is they are pregnant. What you will have to look for is the squaring off. Over time you will see that the females will start to get fatter. (look before feeding them)

They do seem to have a light reddish spot

If the two fish are the exact same breed the top one is definitely pregnant. Its hard not knowing how pregnant she is... so you just have to watch her very closely to see when she is having babies. Do your research now! I had baby mollies a few times, and it is crucial to seperate them at birth! Not sure how guppies are with their babies.

The fry may look like your male but it is very unlikely for now if You keep the females with that male for over three months then you will start to have fry that he is the father. Then The fry may look like him.

But I don't think your females are the same stain as your male so the fry will be a mix of both.

Having read a bit on the guppies, I doubt that they will look like the father since they were kept with a male before I had gotten them. I had no idea that they carry semen inside them for long periods of time. Guess I still have allot to learn about guppies lol

Back
Top Bottom