Guppy fry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowryder

Aquarium Advice Addict
The other day (tuesday) my wife's guppies gave birth. We counted 6 fry, 3 in the breeder trap and 3 in general pop. I am only trying to keep the 3 i n the breeder trap, if the others survive trying to be eaten, so be it. My question is, how long before I can release the 3 in the trap? I heard 1-2 weeks. I am feeding a liquid food 3x a day for rapid growth.

Keep them in there long enough so they don't fit into another fishes mouth. I'm serious, if they fit in they will get eaten.

+1 If you have a lot of brushy plants, the fry will be more likely to survive, but if you're serious about keeping some, let them grow for a while.

I dont use traps anymore or boxes, all fry are born into gen pop. I do however have 3" of water lettuce and RRF on top and every time I move some of it to get to the water hundreds of fry shoot out, ive got a good 300-400 fry in this tank alone and every 2-3 months I get rid of a few hundred. I do keep the tank overfed which helps alot with survival rate.

Yea I need to figure something out, the wife fell in love with livebrearers, she picked up 2 balloon mollies today. I was thinking some java moss or cabomba.

Back
Top Bottom