Guppy had only 1 fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsFishieWOOT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My guppy gave birth to only 1 fry and it has been 4 days. I've noticed 2 male guppies keep following/chasing her around. I have a separator, but I'm scared she'll be stressed out like what happened to my Mickey Mouse Platy that died after she gave birth to 1 fry...What would be the best solution?

My guppy gave birth to only 1 fry and it has been 4 days. I've noticed 2 male guppies keep following/chasing her around. I have a separator, but I'm scared she'll be stressed out like what happened to my Mickey Mouse Platy that died after she gave birth to 1 fry...What would be the best solution?

You sure they didn't eat the other fry? And what is your ratio to male to female? You should always have more females to fan out the males chasing.

She is still huge, bigger than the other females. I have 2 males and 3 female guppies. The other 2 females are very passive. The boys don't chase them rarely.

add more females to reduce the stress of your guppy.. She stop giving birth because there's alot of chasing and that would be very stressful..

Ok will do. Should I also try and put her in the separator or isolate the males? Or would that just stress her out more?

Yeah..she is holding the little guys in due to stress. Could add more cover and add more females. Idk if any other fish are in the tank but that also can impact stress levels.

Ok will do. Should I also try and put her in the separator or isolate the males? Or would that just stress her out more?

If she can see them yet then I wouldn't seperate them. If she could go in another appropriate tank, then you could do that.

I also have 1 male Platy and 3 female Platys in the same tank (20 gallon). They show no aggression to the guppies though.

ahm, for me, I think you need to isolate the males.. Let the female gave birth first., oh, and also give her lot of hiding place like plants and rocks..

Back
Top Bottom