How do you know when guppies will drop their fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cichildlife said:
Possible but usually they dont care this looks like(from size) to be here first birth nd shes prolly scared nd doesnt really understand lol

Ok. Why do you think she only had two fry and hasn't had any since?

Slow labor like you said put a blanket over the tank blocking out ANY nd all light that should help alsp check your main tank for more fry

Slow labor like you said put a blanket over the tank blocking out ANY nd all light that should help also check your main tank for more fry
ok, ill check my main tank... by that do you mean that its possiblae that it wasnt her who had the two fry? I will try to find a blanket that i can put over the tank.

Its possible she doesnt look quite ready to drop her fry but maybe im wrong the way you tell if there close is they are squared off, belly is a square-ish shape

I didnt see any fry in the main tank. There cold be some that are extremely well hidden. I am putting a blanket over the female that is in the five gallon tank now.

I am not sure if she is ready to give birth or not. She looks about like this one... if she isnt ready to give birth yet, then how did she have those two little fry??

Hmmmm well sometimes they have premature births and maybe she just had the 2 nd labor stopped nd now she is holding for the rest to term...

Cichildlife said:
Hmmmm well sometimes they have premature births and maybe she just had the 2 nd labor stopped nd now she is holding for the rest to term...

So you mean she might have the rest of the fry? Or does a premature birth mean that something went wrong?

Nono nothing went wrong im just sayin she could be waiting to have the rest when there more apt to survive... Im not even sure if a premature birth is possible

Cichildlife said:
Nono nothing went wrong im just sayin she could be waiting to have the rest when there more apt to survive... Im not even sure if a premature birth is possible

Oh. Ok. I will check on her when I get home from school.

Yea.... Ugh school today:( nd i gotta drive lol just got temps yesterday

Still no other fry in the tank. When do you think she will have the rest?

Well she seems square-ish id give it a few days nd see wat happends

Back
Top Bottom