How to encourage birth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spittinfly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Now, I don't mean premature, but just to make it more comfortable for them. I have a Molly and Platy due any day now. I am leaving them in the tank and will just pull out the fry when I see them.

along with Hara's note, there are some artificial methods of inducing a spawn; especially true in cichlids and that usually amounts to nothing more than a partial water change and a slight adjustment in temperatures.

With livebearer's you usually don't have to do a thing.

Yeah, I know. Just wanted to do what I could. I've read that water changes simulate a rainfall in the wild and that encourages mating. I didn't know if there was anything like that that made them feel safer or something? :?

Don't quote me on this but I believe livebearer's will spawn no matter what the environmental conditions are so long as they are healthy enough to do so.

The spawning isn't the problem, it's the giving birth that I was curious about helping out. And after all this they will probably drop tonight. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom