How to move snail eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsey577

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 batches of apple snail eggs that I need to move. How would I do that? And what do I need to put them in? Thanks!

Why do you need to move them? The parents would eatr them and they don't need any extra care?

I need to move them because my sisters want some, I don't want them all running loose in my tank, and I don't think the parents are going to eat them all. I only have 4 in a 55g. I didn't e

Pressed send too soon, haha. I was going to say that I didn't even know that the parents would eat the babies.

I think you can gently peel them off your glass....Keep moist but not under water or the young snails will drown.

you can set up a breeding box underneath them to catch them once they hatch. You may not notice they hatched quick enough to get all of them, but it will hive you the majority of them.

you can set up a breeding box underneath them to catch them once they hatch. You may not notice they hatched quick enough to get all of them, but it will hive you the majority of them.

Sounds like a very good idea to me!

I feel kinda bad. I didn't know that one of my guppies was gonna have fry, so I wasn't prepared. She had them in my main guppy tank, so I moved all the adults out. But, this is the best I can do for now till they're all hatched and every thing.... I have a heater, and a small filter I'm keeping an eye on.

Attachments

• image-2839905488.jpg
    image-2839905488.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom