i need help with my molly fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masterfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm pretty sure both of my female mollys gave birth to like 26 ftry altogether but I'm lost about something. I have a 20 gallons fish tank and its kinda getting crowded. I have one pleco, 3 adult mollys, one pictus catfish, 2 1month old fry (outside in open tank) and obviously the fry. It's kinda getting crowded but thats not the thing I'm worried about. My silver molly its been about 2 weeks since she had her fry and I'm noticing that theres a kinda faded triangular spot on her stomach side area and im not exactly sure if that means shes already pregnant again or if its still from the babies she had 2 weeks ago. Please message me or reply if you got a answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
so does that mean that my fish is most likely pregnant...........and another thing one of my female mollys dies yesterday and and my last female is constantly being chased around like every minute by my female molly and i dont really have any way to seperate them...............

That's normal my alpha female molly chases the others you may need to add more females to increase the ratio and yes she's most Likley pregnant

yeah i cant excatly get any more mollys so.............yeah im not sure what to do

and its been like 2 and a half weeks since she have birth so do you know how much longer it will take her to have her next fry

Back
Top Bottom