Is my molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparrow468

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a marble balloon molly and her belly has gotten a bit bigger. I read up on pregnant mollies and I still cannot tell if she is pregnant so if anyone can tell me or help me that would be great. I can get more pictures also if that would help. Thanks!

ForumRunner_20120918_202048.jpg

Looks like it to me, used to breed them for store credit for a reef tank lol. If you want to keep the fry move her to a 5-10 gallon tank, they usually won't eat the fry for the first 24 hours. And use a filter with a huge sponge over the intake to keep them from getting sucked into the filter, some say just air stones and daily water changes but I had more luck of more fry surviving this way with about a 10% change every 3-5 days with a larger tank, less shock on them

Well we don't have much of tank room, these are our first mollies and we already have a 10 gallon tank holding them but we don't have any more we were thinking of just letting nature take its course we have hiding spots and also a fake plant for them. Would you be able to tell me how far along she is and when she could have them?

It is really hard to tell by the picture, but I would guess that she will have them in 10-14 days, could have anywhere for 10 to 30, I have had as many as 42 (only once lol). Another option is to go and get a tank divide, I think there less then $10 the fish store, I would recommend finding someway of separating her, the other fish could chase her around and end up killing her. But I have had some give birth and be fine, but can almost guarantee they fry won't survive

No not really, when her belly starts to get dark, usually u can see the eyes, she is 3-5 days away

Sad to say our marble has died. We don't now how are why she was fine and couple he's later gone.

Back
Top Bottom