Jack dempsy fry tank (20L)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Picking up a 20 long and a filter today for the fry. Any tips on easy/cheap filters and a good matinence schedule. I'll keep this thread going with updates. Thanks

Sponge filters are cheap and good for fry tanks because the fry cant get sucked up. I had a HOB filter in 20 long Fire Mouth fry tank with a net over the intake and that worked also.

Petsmart now has a new filter that sticks to the glass and has a sponge inside with a spray bar on top. I am using this on my 40 breeder fro my Honduran Red Point fry and it seems to be working well. I forget the make of it.

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have the link?

Well, my pair of red zebras just released babies also. No idea what to do. Can I put two different types of fry in the same tank?

it will generally work as long as they are the same size and they are both free swimming and egg sacks are used up. I have heard of fish eating out the egg sacks of another bunch that were smaller than them.

My HRPs and Firemouths breed at the same time. I let the FM fry get eaten because I wasn't willing to chance the HRP off spring so if there is one that you really want over the other leave the others in the main tank and see what happens (you should have some survivors) I am sure you will have more batches in the future.

Here is the link to the filter I got

Top Fin® Multi-Stage Internal Filter | Filters | PetSmart

Back
Top Bottom