Live Birth Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydavis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 25 gallon tank I already have an angel fish, 2 neon fish, some kind of shark fish, and some kind of long algae eater. I know the neons carry eggs but what about the angel fish? Live birth or eggs. Another questions what are some fish that can go with those that give live birth?

Well a couple things...first, angelfish get to be ~6". All alone, you certainly will not have to worry about it reproducing. It needs a mate and lays eggs. If you do get a mate for the angel, which isn't as simple as adding another fish, it will certainly eat all your neons in time. They become very large and are better suited for a 30-55g tank.
Neons are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of 3-6 or more. If you are considering adding more to your stock....I would add 4+ neons...find a new home for the angelfish. Even without a mate, it will get big and eat the neons.

Posting a picture of the shark and algae eater would help to identify them. That way we can suggest compatible tankmates for you.

As for other live bearers, you might consider molly, platy, and guppy species for your size of tank. They are all live breeders. Beware though with these species. You should keep 2-3 female per male and be prepared for alot of babies (fry). If you choose to leave the fry in the tank you will definitely be dealing with some overstocking consequences soon. They are prolific breeders and you will have more fry than you will know what to do with in time.

angels would love guppies lol.... i would figure out what kind of algae eater and what kind of shark fish you have before adding anything.

I know it has nothing in it I just moved oscar from 25 to 55 and move these from 10 to the 25 going tom to get some decor

Attachments

• Fish 004.jpg
    Fish 004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 71
my son bought these fish and then decided he didnt want them anymore so I took over them instead of give them back to pet store

ok well they didnt tell us that in the pet store and the other fish cant have that can they? if not thats my luck

they didnt tell us that in the pet store. and the other fish cant have that kind of water i suppose. if not thats my luck

Back
Top Bottom