Molly Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aussietrainer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I apparently brought home a pregnant Molly and now have a few fry in my tank. They are hiding in the large rock that are part of my gravel. I haven't been able to catch them. Any advice? Should I try to very carefully pull the rocks out? I also do not have another tank to put them in so I am unsure what to do with them once I catch them. I think I have about 5 but not sure if there are more hiding...
Please any advise!!!

if you do not have a separate tank, do you have any lfs nearby. if so, get a net breeder and try to net the fry and put them in the net breeder. before you do anything feed the tank as they will try eat the fries.

Until you are able to get something, sterilize a glass (preferred) jug or plastic, or even a drinking glass. Put an air hose in it. You can put food in a cup and set it in the bottom of the tank and see if they will go in to eat or set the net with food in they don't know what that is yet so use it to your advantage. For feeding: Grind up regular fish food with two spoons for feeding. I used shrimp pellets and flake. Oh and the baby fry usually come out at night to eat so use a flash light.

Back
Top Bottom