My balloon molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrfishfrenzee

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is sompthing wrong with my balloon molly is it pregnant it is chasing away all the other fish away from it it is also like attacking my other molly when it comes near it
please someone help

Some mollies are just like that. Are you sure it's a female? IME fighting usually occurs between males. Balloon mollies do seem to be a bit more aggressive than regular mollies.

One a side note, balloon mollies are selectively bred with a deformity, short bodies and curved spines, which is why they have the unusual shape. They are prone to swimming issues and other health problems, and usually have a shortened lifespan. I feel they are a very unatural creation, and because of this I encourage other hobbyists to keep regular mollies. Typically a breeder would actually kill a deformed fish to prevent it from breeding, and what has been done with these balloon mollies is the oposite, and I personally feel it's unethical. Just wanted to let you know.

Post a pic! we can tell you if its a he or she and mabe even if its preggo! (sorry for bumping didnt see the fourm till now ^^ )

Back
Top Bottom