My marble molly just gave birth!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snctified

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, everyone! I am new to this forum. It's been about ten years now since I last kept fish, but for Christmas this year I received my wish of getting a new aquarium and getting started up again. Just two days ago I got the fish, including a pair of black mollies and a female marble molly. It's all coming back to me, slowly but surely. When I brought the marble molly home from the pet store, I wondered whether she was pregnant. She had been acting very mellow and skidish all day yesterday, and I wondered if she was becoming ill. But tonight I put two and two together and realized she might be pregnant. I hopped on the internet looking for a web page that might tell me what the signs were a molly was getting ready to give birth, when my wife, who was watching the aquarium, exclaimed from the other room that she saw babies! She actually saw her give birth to a couple! Needless to say, I am very excited. I also am interested in any advice any of you may have for raising baby mollies. I had very limited success when I attempted to breed them before, and any advice any of you may be able to give on giving them a better chance of survival would be most appreciated. Happy new year!

SWeet. I wonder if these Baby's would qualify for the "New Years Baby". (U know the first baby born in the new year)

When our Mollies gave birth we just moved them to there own tank and fed them live bearer liquid food and some flake food crushed fine. They thrived so well we had an over abundance of Mollies.

Mollies are like rabbits they just keep multiplying :D

Our favorite mollies are the Black sailfin lyretails

My wife and I joked about that same thing, fishfreek! I've had mollies give birth before, but I guess it still amazes me that so many little fry could come from just one female! How did they all fit in there?! We've found 14 so far.

Back
Top Bottom