Need help rch breeding ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MineShaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need help with breeding red cherry shrimp I have there ph at a hard 7.4 and there super healthy but there not breeding but the weird thing is is that there at there breeding age someone please help ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439137785.437348.jpg

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

About a month ago

How many do you have? I once had 5 for 3 months and no breeding (perhaps all males?). I ordered about 20+ more from another AA member (including 4 berries females) and the breeding took off from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 7. 2 are big 1 inch while the rest are small 1/3 of a inch big how big do they have to be to start having eggs ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439143263.730712.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439143390.874611.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439143405.558750.jpg

My shrimp started breeding within a few weeks, but they haven't done it since then. You can't really tell them "Make baby shrimp now!" They do it when they want to.

I started with 9 and now there's too many to count. Never did anything special for them, no special or extra food. They eat only what my pair of peacock gudgeons leave behind. Always see molts and berries females. Lots of plants and hiding places to make them feel safe. They should breed if they like their environment.

Back
Top Bottom