New Babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
I seem to have this amazing luck with babies. My one Buenos Aires Tetra baby that I managed to get out of my 75 gal before he was eaten is now about 1 1/2" long. I'm waiting until he gets closer to 2" to put him back in with the big dogs...so to speak. I want to make sure he doesn't fit in anyone's mouth. o_O

However, I have more new babies! When I was using the gravel vac around the little cave that I foundt he first baby fish in, another one popped out yesterday! So I scooped that one up and put him in my 10 gallon.

So I'm watching this little itty bitty guy eat and swim around with the glowlights (and his brother/half-brother that I mentioned above), and I notice movement around my little caves and rock areas set up for my two cory cats in the 10 gal.

I see a lot more movement there in the shadows than what would respresent just two cory cats, so I lift one of the rocks...lo and behold...three baby cory cats! They look EXACTLY like the parent fish but tiny! OMG! How cute.

So now I wait for all the tiny/baby fish to get big to join the big boy tank. God, this fish thing is so cool. o_O

I passed my year mark of being a fishkeeper this past summer...and I've learned so much. Mostly from reading here and getting advise here. Thank you for all of you, even if I didn't agree with all your suggestions! :) What an awesome forum and an awesome experience fishkeeping truly is.

Merry Christmas all! I look forward to another year as a successful fishkeeper and aquarium enthusiast!

Definitely cool!

Finding babies (especially unexpected like you did) is so fun!

It shows you came a long way in 18 moths or so, having spontaneous breeding. Breeding fish are happy fish, which shows You did your job very well!

Back
Top Bottom