New years babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaBry

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well my Dalmatian Molly gave birth last night and I wanted to share pics with all my friends who would appreciate it. So here they are...
img_938426_0_bbe1495eceea038dd7de8806c0bb0ee8.jpg

I also have a creamsicle lyretail, a creamsicle balloon, and another dalmatian molly who are well on their way to giving birth (swollen and sassy) so I am looking to have quite the population explosion quite quickly...:rolleyes:

More babies

welcome. just be sure to post pics when your orange and white female gives birth. :D

So here we are, some time late last night my creamsicle molly gave birth. I salvaged at least ten this morning when i discovered them, and she apparently had at least 3 still born, and one yellow egg. I don't know how many (if any) she ate. They are very hard to photograph and they don't seem quite as developed as the ones my dalmatian molly had, then again she isn't as large as my dalmatian molly, either. Here is a pic for now, i will try and get better ones in the next couple days when they are slightly larger.

img_939943_0_2bafd62508c7870f2f630f751bf2471a.gif

Video Clip

I had a little time to kill tonight so i thought I'd take a quick video clip of the babies. The smallish ones with the big eyes are the offspring of my orange and white molly.

New tank!

Over the weekend, i decided the babies didn't have enough room in the nursery so i went out and bought a 20 gal long tank. They love the new home. i will try to post new pics soon.

...what kind of camera is that the pics look great.
Thanks Mike! I do videography for a living so that is my SONY DSR-PD170 for most for the shots. My Canon Powershot gets confused with the bowfont and fluorescent light. The PD170 lets me take full control of the settings and use available light for the shots. Glad you enjoy the images. I will try to get a couple shots of the new 20 Gal long nursery/breeder up soon. I also have taken a few with my HVR HD1000U but it doesn't like the low light as much as the PD170. And all the shots on this thread are the PD170.

Update: Dalmatian Creamsicle mollies?

So my molly babies are getting older (and I have had another round of fry in the meantime) and some of the dalmatian mollies are starting to show orange tinting in addition to their spots. I have a mix of dalmatian mollies and creamsicles in my adult tank, so it looks like I have hybrids. I will try and get some pics soon and post here to share with you. They are pretty cool looking if you ask me...

Back
Top Bottom