No colored fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CalypsoGuppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
So around 3-4 months ago my guppy ,(not sure what breed) she had an orange tail kinda mixed in with black, gave birth to approximately 11 fry. I was so excited to see there colors start to show when they started growing up but they were still colorless. Theres 3 that caught my eye so i held onto those and got rid of the others (wow that sounds mean lol). One was fully colored, bright yellow, sorta like a Tequila Sunrise guppy, the second had a very light tint of yellow which kinda shimmered, and the last one is sorta orange….but translucent, not sure how to explain it.
My thoughts were that my momma guppy breeder with a feeder fish but I’m not sure. I was really sad when only one started showing signs of coloration and the others didn’t. I just wanted to know what some of you guys thought, if maybe she did breed with one or not or if something wrong happened with those guppy fry cx. Ill post some pictures when I get my laptop back, hopefully that will be soon!

It could be due to the diet, living space and water quality. (Not saying yours is bad, just saying what I've read that can affect color) I bought 30 guppy fry that were 12 weeks ago with no color or even a hint of color but after I've had them for a month on a good variety diet they are starting to color a bit. I hope they continue to color up and that it wasn't too late.

I have read if some guppies taking 6+ months to get color.

It could be due to the diet, living space and water quality. (Not saying yours is bad, just saying what I've read that can affect color) I bought 30 guppy fry that were 12 weeks ago with no color or even a hint of color but after I've had them for a month on a good variety diet they are starting to color a bit. I hope they continue to color up and that it wasn't too late.

I have read if some guppies taking 6+ months to get color.
Thanks. I was wondering, do you know any good types of fish food that could enhance their colors?

Awww, well I guess ill keep that in mind next time. Thanks guys for helping me!

Back
Top Bottom