One of my two angelfish has started cleaning off a leaf..does this mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vao71

Aquarium Advice Activist
They'll have eggs soon? If they do I need to know a few things like: do both the parents need to be with the eggs? Will other fish try to eat the babies? What do I do if they hatch?
I'm probably getting excited over nothing lol. They're in a 125 gallon that's lightly planted

well if they lay eggs there a good chance the eggs or babies will get eaten by other fish. rember sometimes the parents will also eat them for the first few batches till they get it rite. if there is a mated pair and they start laying and if u want to keep the babies it is always better to have the pair in a tank by them self. they can get very mean towards other fish when there's eggs present. both parents will take care of the eggs. but as the fry become free swimming you need to remove them to there own tank. it takes 3 days for the eggs to hatch then about 5 to 7 days till you feed them baby brine shrimp or first bights 3 times a day in small amounts. if i can help more pm me

I have just started setting up another 75 gallon tank with only angel fish. I will have about 8 fish in the tank and I hope to eventually have babies.
Angel fish will protect their eggs and the babies when they hatch.
Of course there is still the possibility they could be eaten by parents or the other angels in my tank. I will probably have to wait almost a year for them to finish maturing.

The two have started sort of fighting with each other, like lip locking and still cleaning off leaves. Could they be a pair or just 2 males fighting over territory, I've had them for months and I've never once seen this behavior

image-2627484766.jpg

These are the possible parents, the marble one is significantly bigger than the darker one

Attachments

• image-480014577.jpg
    image-480014577.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 106
the lip locking and "fighting" is them testing each other to see if the other is a suitable mate. i have a small double marble female, which is what ur darker one looks to be, and a green leopard male, ur other looks to be a single marble (one has 1 copy of the marble gene, the other 2...) ill take another look @ the pics and try to sex them, but this is easiest done by looking @ the breeding tubes while spawning... best way ive heard it explained is a pencil, an males tube looks like the point, the females like the eraser... good luck! i hope you get some babies... im still waiting for mine to pair, even tho my female has laid twice now...

Back
Top Bottom