Platty having fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have a platty that seems to be pregnant for a while now.. She had 1 like 6 wks ago but we didnt see it until2 weeks after, then her belly got big again but i havent seen any...The thing is i left out of town and when i came back she didnt look pregnant anymore... now she has a big belly again... Its been maybe 2 weeks since her belly started growing again, when will she have them again... I put her in a net but he seems kind of stressed... Any suggestions?

I would just watch her get square and plump. As she gets a gravid spot (if she does) I would say 1-2 weeks or less. Also I would add hiding spot for fry in case you miss her giving birth! Platy*

get her out of that net, it causes them a ton of stress.
be sure to have hiding places at the top and bottom of the tank. (you can float plastic plants at the top)
when she drops, expect 20-40 fry (you probably wont get to save all of them, but that's just nature taking its course)
best of luck to you

^ he is right about stress but won't stress her to much if she is only in there a couple of hours MAX. You might be able to save your fry there is a chance some how I save mine!!

Sure will get her out thanxx

Back
Top Bottom