Platy Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexandraDanielle21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys. I have a general question about breeding platys. I have one male and one female platy in my community tank. If left to their on devices, is there a chance that they'll mate? Or will they not? I'm hoping to raise the fry if she does get pregnant, I just didn't want to have multiple fish knocked up at the same time and a mountain of fry. Any advice is appreciated. :)

They should mate if there is a male he will try and try.. the real question is if she will let him and that completely depends on her

I also have only one male and one female koi platy.. have had them for a few weeks and no luck yet that i can tell

I also have only one male and one female koi platy.. have had them for a few weeks and no luck yet that i can tell

I want fry so bad! I already have another tank set up for them, if they ever show. I thought that she looked like she was getting fatter, but today it looks like she lost some weight? No white poo, no fry, no empty sacs and she is still acting normal. Temporary constipation? I don't know. Any ideas?

I want fry so bad! I already have another tank set up for them, if they ever show. I thought that she looked like she was getting fatter, but today it looks like she lost some weight? No white poo, no fry, no empty sacs and she is still acting normal. Temporary constipation? I don't know. Any ideas?

I know how you feel i have a few mollies who refuse to drop and i dont know why but its driving me crazy.. i went out and bought 2 pregnant guppies and i think one is ready. Keep an eye on her for a few days.

White poop?

Back
Top Bottom