Platy fry?? Pls help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What was kind of sad this morning is that the father of my two little ones is no longer with us after over a year of having him :-( I dont know if he was older when we got him, and its old age, or if it was leftovers of the ich outbreak we had awhile back, but for a week hes been battling something and we tried to quarantine him but it didnt work.. r.i.p little guy. His name was Wiggles(lol) and he loooved his ladies. But now we have his new generation to live on!

Copachick said:
What was kind of sad this morning is that the father of my two little ones is no longer with us after over a year of having him :-( I dont know if he was older when we got him, and its old age, or if it was leftovers of the ich outbreak we had awhile back, but for a week hes been battling something and we tried to quarantine him but it didnt work.. r.i.p little guy. His name was Wiggles(lol) and he loooved his ladies. But now we have his new generation to live on!

Awww.... I'm sorry :-(
He had a really cute name...
I lost a Molly that was my only male for all my females... It was sad to lose him too. Although I did have a billion babies of his swimming around... Still super sad and I still haven't replaced him..

His name fit him perfectly. he just wiggled when he swam as fast as he could. Always made me giggle. Yeah I was hoping that my 4 females would be ok without a male running after them all the time, lol. He was Blue and they are all orange. And really I think he seemed a little raciest :-X He only seemed to take a fancy to the two that had blue in them. I dunno why but it was funny lol. I wont replace him for awhile. They're probably going 75 gallon soon anyways.

Copachick said:
His name fit him perfectly. he just wiggled when he swam as fast as he could. Always made me giggle. Yeah I was hoping that my 4 females would be ok without a male running after them all the time, lol. He was Blue and they are all orange. And really I think he seemed a little raciest :-X He only seemed to take a fancy to the two that had blue in them. I dunno why but it was funny lol. I wont replace him for awhile. They're probably going 75 gallon soon anyways.

I've read that platy males prefer females that look the closest to them...
My male platy was in my Molly tank for months and his self proclaimed best friend was my Creamsicle Molly... She's orange! He'd just follow her every movement.... Never trying to mate, but where ever she was he was tailing behind...

Back
Top Bottom