pleco eggs hatching after 2 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeper90

Aquarium Advice Freak
so we woke up saturday morning (uk) to kicked eggs ... i noticed about an hour ago one of them hatching already .... will this one stimulate the rest to hatch now ?

yeah got about 50 maybe ... and another female laid yesterday about 100 at least cant properly see male so big

Did you get more hatching? Mine have always hatched in a cave where I can't see them.
hes got these lot in the cave about 3 eggs so far have come out but i think thats from when he moving around its accidental as the rest still in there .... but those eggs we have put in a breeding box with the "kicked fry" (now) but the fry are about 4 days old now .... it was only the one this post is about that started hatching early dont no if that was one of our fatalities though but didnt lose too many atm tbh especially though we had to look after them partner said at one point that he counted 69 eggs when doing a fungus removal and a few didnt hatch as went fungussy and others just didnt make it but got at least 50 i would say from our own handy work lol

heres our handy work babies20180415_090800.jpg
heres new batch not even laid 24 hours ago this was a lucky shot 20180414_230456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom