pregnant balloon Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ptrick125 said:
It's going to happen some time or another...

I know, but she was one of my livebearers that I kept away from my males. She was one my first fish,I made every mistake under the sun when I first started. She had been through a cycle, ich a few times, almost died twice, some kind of fungus and a mini cycle. My poor little girl :( I have brought her back from floating upside down to the happy little fish she is now. A few Weeks back I broke down my male tank to do a good vinegar scrub (my water is bad about that) so all my males went in my big tank for a short time I guess that's when he got her. I'm just worried that she might not make it through the stress of pregnancy

Some livebearers will give birth over and over again for about a year after being pregnant once...
Good luck to your fish and to you!

Not quite a year after being fertilized, up to 4-5 ish months.

She looks square to me, but because balloon mollies are so oddly shaped, it often exaggerates/hides how pregnant she really is. I may have read it wrong, but if you have kept her separate from any males, then she may just be full of eggs.

Also if your worried about her being stressed out, consider adding some hiding spots for her to hide from tankmates.

Bubbles0oO said:
Not quite a year after being fertilized, up to 4-5 ish months.

She looks square to me, but because balloon mollies are so oddly shaped, it often exaggerates/hides how pregnant she really is. I may have read it wrong, but if you have kept her separate from any males, then she may just be full of eggs.

Also if your worried about her being stressed out, consider adding some hiding spots for her to hide from tankmates.

I have been worried about it so I put her in the nursery tank which has been empty up too this point

She should be fine, add some more plants and make sure the tank has seeded media aswell, other than that good luck

It's good to have a plan for the fry. My brother had 4 guppies and now he has 50 guppy fry and nobody wants them.

butterfly_koi said:
Any fry I have goes to my lfs for 25¢ a fry for store credit

You'll be rich! JK, but it will give you a few bucks.

I've never bred my Mollies before I've only done guppies (too many to count) so since they are both livebearers I think I'm pretty well set in case she does drop. The nursery tank has been cycled and set up for quite some time now and I put her in this afternoon, she seems pretty calm. That was what I was most worried about, I didn't want to risk losing her due to the stress of the pregnancy.

More than likely the male that I have, she was real young when I had gotten her and I haven't had a drop from her yet but I can't guarantee that he's the only male she's ever been with, she could inseminate herself and I wouldn't ever know

Back
Top Bottom