Pregnant guppy???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinadno

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone tell if my guppys are pregnant? Tried to get a good picture but they move fast. I isolated them obviously so they males would stop harassing them.

Pics of my guppys

Hopefully you can see pics and be able to tell if they are preggers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 93
Picture of guppys

Here is another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 95
I'm not a pro with guppies so someone please correct me. The gravid spot is darker than ushal (gravid spot Is that black dot in back) so that's a hint that she's preggers (the farther she's pregnant the lighter the gravid spot will be due to stretched skin) and depends how longs she's pregnant but if you look very closely (depends on the color of the fish) you may see the frys' little eyes at behind the stomach (shine a soft light at the guppy). Plus those females are very fat XD Hoped that helped :3

They are definitely pregnant, the black spot (gravid spot) will always show in a fish but the larger and darker it is (like your fish) the more likely she is pregnant. When she gives birth her and the others will try to eat the fry (babies) so you need to give them plenty of places to hide or escape the larger fish.

Just when you think she can't get any bigger without exploding she shouldn't be more than a day or two away from birthing, she will go off her food and hang out away from the other fish maybe by the heater or filter if possible.

The fry can be fed various things, flake food crushed really fine so its like a dust, some people use boiled egg yolk mixed with water to make a sort of watery paste or you can buy a livebearer food called liquidfry. Because their stomachs are so tiny you need to feed them a little at a time but often, I feed new fry upto 4 times a day as they get bigger I drop it to 2 but still feeding small amounts

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom