pregnant guppys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my angels in a 55 that i divided in half so they have half the tank to themselves.

How long do you think my guppys have until they gives birth

Yellow tailed

image-2941050155.jpg

image-3958262176.jpg

image-3571480887.jpg

image-338720565.jpg

image-2963588437.jpg

image-4088798514.jpg

Orange/yellow spotted tailed

image-1172888620.jpg

image-744713037.jpg

image-3417751628.jpg

Blue tailed

image-2713752789.jpg

Please I need help thanks :)

I really haven't been keeping fish for very long at all so anything i tell you would really just be a guess. I noticed on my guppys that there is a spot right in front of their anal fin, the birthing canal i guess you would call it, gets really swollen. I guess its like being dialated. So just watch for that. When i noticed it on my females i moved them to my 10 gallon and the next morning they started having fry. Good luck!

That orange and yellow spotted tail one kinda looks like she might be a little swollen but its kinda hard to tell in the pics.

Yeah keep an eye on them the yellow one looks close but once she starts getting grumpy to the other fish she will sqaure off (her belly will drop) and then you'll just have to watch them. The red spoted tailed one dosnt look to far along. I believe they can be pregnant 28 days or so.

Thanks my yellow tailed one is hiding in plants and isn't acting the same could she be near giving birth

Yeah that's usually what they do when they are close.

Yeah once they start doing this then they're gunna hae them at anytime. (She's already had 3)

ForumRunner_20120824_123222.jpg

Just make sure the babies have enough places to hide:)

What I do with my female swordtail is wait till she looks ready then watch her when she starts swimming less and her vent is open this means she is close and then put her in my fry tank and then wait a few hrs and I have fry. It's kinda strange my swordtail gives more babies in a smaller space

My yellow tailed guppy is staying still near the plants and her tail is pushed under her and she is beginning to go squared

She will probably start having them in the morning. I don't know why but all my guppys and swordtail have all started having their babies early in the morning.

My angels spawned again Thursday so i should have another batch of free swimming angel fry come Friday.

Awww post some pics when you can! My guppy had 7 fry the other day but 2 weeks before then she had five and is still huge! >:eek: good luck!

These are my last spawn they have been free swimming for over a week.
img_2089635_0_e0b57170a253ea13587cb37040abbf83.jpg

I will try to post some pics of the wigglers tomorrow.

They had only been free swimming for 3 days in that pic. They have grown since then. I will post new pics of them when i get the other ones.

Well i had wigglers. My step dad decided to mess with the tank while i wasn't home and dumped over the jar i had them in and they became lunch for my other fish.

MEMPHIS said:
Well i had wigglers. My step dad decided to mess with the tank while i wasn't home and dumped over the jar i had them in and they became lunch for my other fish.

:-( I'm sorry!! What did he say when you told him what happened?

Back
Top Bottom