pregnant guppys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pcdebb said:
id give anything to have my angels spawn, i dont think they are old enough tho

When they start you will run out of room fast. I have 150-200 eggs that should become wrigglers today.

MEMPHIS said:
When they start you will run out of room fast. I have 150-200 eggs that should become wrigglers today.

I'm contemplating making my flat back hex a breeder when I get it sealed back up. I know they can produce ALOT of them! When the time comes, I will be looking for you :brows:

I will be glad to help as much as i can, just keep in mind I'm still new at this and still learning myself.

I just got home from work and i have wrigglers. A LOT OF WRIGGLERS. I already have them in their own 1 gallon so this time nothing should happen to them.

I REALLY under estimated how many eggs i had. I just counted 150 wrigglers then gave up cause i wasn't even half way done counting. If just 50 of them survive i will be extremely happy.

My baby guppies that I put in my nursery tank have got clamped tails and are at the surface a lot more and aren't eating and their gills are pushed out as if they can't breath I'm worried what will happen and what's wrong with them :( :(

Jemma said:
My baby guppies that I put in my nursery tank have got clamped tails and are at the surface a lot more and aren't eating and their gills are pushed out as if they can't breath I'm worried what will happen and what's wrong with them :( :(

I'm not 100% sure but i think that might be caused by bad genetics. From what i have read online they don't live very long once that happens. Sorry.

The water conditions are all fine but 1 has died and the rest look the same way :(

Are their tails just clamped od does it look like their spines are curved?

It was just their tails but I woke up this morning and all 5 are dead :( so I only have my 1 week old batch left of 25 but I have a heavily pregnant female ready to give birth

Sorry about your fry but the good thing about guppys is it won't be long befor you have more.

Water conditions may not be what they should be, what results have you gotten from testing?

Did you test the water in the tank or in your nursery? Some of those nurserys don't get good circulation through them.

Its a deformity (the clamped tails) I had one tha that had happened to and I red that its a deformity and most will die. You can test the water but the ones I have had were born with the tail.

bubleguppy_2013 said:
Its a deformity (the clamped tails) I had one tha that had happened to and I red that its a deformity and most will die. You can test the water but the ones I have had were born with the tail.

That's what i was thinking it was, i have read about it but never seen it.

They weren't born with clamped tails they got them as soon as I moved them into the nursery tank as they were living in a breeder net

Jemma said:
They weren't born with clamped tails they got them as soon as I moved them into the nursery tank as they were living in a breeder net

Is it a seperate tank or is it a little box that floats or hangs in the main tank?

Back
Top Bottom