Pregnant Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alec18

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have this black Molly and as you can see she is obviously pregnant. I have had her for about four weeks now and she's getting bigger. I just recently bought a three way breeder box. My question is when should I put her in the box because I'm not sure when she will give birth please let me know what I should.

Attachments

• image-2807883886.jpg
    image-2807883886.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 95
Green tiger barb, male black Molly, tetra, sunset platy, Kuhli loach, fancy tail guppy, albino clawed frog and drawf African clawed frog, Chinese sucker.

Yeah this is the funny thing about mollys to me is that they still will get really stressed even if you put them in the breeding box the day before there going to drop fry it happened to me already and it was annoying because she jumped out of my breeding box........but I just immediately put them in the breeding box after I saw the fry swimming around the next day and a lot of them survived and I don't think a u got eaten from the number I counted......you hhave some fish that will most likely eat them but I have faith they won't if you just keep a eye on the pregnant Molly and I thinly I sped my Molly time up for dropping from feeding .it a little more so I hope this helps :)

Well the other day I had it in the box in the tank an I found her just lying in it but she wasn't dropping anything

I didn't she put herself in it but it was too low to the point other fish were swimming in it so I took it out

Oh that's weird thats happened to me a few times but jot during the day must be something about the box that makes the fish want to get in it ......its possible that they think there might he something to eat in there because.my fish nibble all of Box because sometimes there's algae on it it there's the air bubble on it that makes them think it's food

Back
Top Bottom