pregnant molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retorres70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
bought my 5 year old cousin a 5 gallon tank, the kind that has everything to start with. her parents took her to the LFS to pick out a few fish. she got a couple mollies, the store owner told her one of the mollies was pregnant. The one that was pregnant is now just sitting at the bottom of the tank. they said it is moving but just barely and sitting there. Is this normal or is it going to die? trying to get a heads up b4 my 5 year old cousin comes home a finds her fish dead. she is already excited about them, and need to know if her parents need to replace them or prepare their child.

The first thing to do would be to find out the water parameters in that tank, since it is assumed that the tank is cycling with the mollies. If things are in good shape water quality wise, then I would assume she was getting ready to drop her babies. If they can provide her with some cover, like a bushy plastic plant or something to hide in/behind, that would make her more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom