Pregnant platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shope.hannah

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you think? I checked online and tried to determine the sex of the 4 I have in my tank. I could be wrong but it looks like I have 3 males and 1 female which I know isn't good. But one I am hesitant about so it its a female I would have 2 and 2.

image-876940588.jpg

Um... need a better picture, sorry, I can't tell from this one, but I'm assuming it's a male, no guarentee.

Need a better pic. Can kinda make out an anal fun it not sure. If its a female give it a month and it'll have fry if its with males.

Yeah I can see that you can't really see that fin in the picture. But looking at it through the tank it's anal fin is fanned out and the other three are not. They are more straight and pointed. And it's the only one that looks fat like that. I will try to get a better pic.

If it is a male it is strange that it looks nothing like the others concerning that fin. But, I have had it about a month or more and haven't had any babies so maybe it is a male.

Looks alot better. She looks to have a few more weeks on her.. there are many threads on this site that explain how to tell if she is close.. most of the time they will swim slower.. stop eating and you may be able to tell that the bottom of her belly is flat or box shaped

Okay thanks. So she is a girl? Lol. Just making sure. Sometimes j think its hard to tell, but all the others are clear as day boys. So I just assumed she had to be a girl since it was so hard to tell and since she is so fat. But I haven't seen any mating nor chasing around like everyone on here talks about. And I don't really see a gravid spot.

Back
Top Bottom