Pregnant Platy's are they going to give birth soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbie2013

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, i hope someone can help me.
I have two pregnant platys and they have been pregnant for sometime now. Both have the gravid spot and they are both really black i can see the babies eyes, and i can see a white spot on the anal area and they are both squared off nicely. and they also have been sat next to the heater and hiding in the plants. All i want to know is are they going to give birth anytime soon as they have been pregnant for 2 months nearly.
And also is it true that the gravid spot moves closer to the anal area before birth?

Hey guys! One of my platy jumped out of the tank when it was about to give birth and the fries were dead.. After a while I put the platy back to main tank.. Will it be ok? It won't die? And will the babies be dead when it gives birth again even if its after some time?

It mostly gives birth in the night. So when before u go to sleep see its reactions. If it doesn't move fast like other fish when u tap the tank it's about to give birth. Double check if it doesn't move like other fish.. Then if its moving slowly or not moving without giving much stress to the fish move it slowly to a different tank or a bowl.. If oxygen is there better.. But put it slowly so the fries won't be effected.. After that go to sleep and in the morning u will have the fries.. And then put the mother platy into ur main tank :) good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom