Prego guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mouse1989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long do u think they have

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 82
how will i know when shes about to drop? im not doing breeding tank.. i got some tunnels long plants n breeding grass.. they are starting to look a lilttle red on belly and shes pretty big

The edges of her stomach will start to look less round and more like a box when shes within 2 days of dropping her fry.

Fry

My guppies are still giving birth. They are really small but can see them in breeding grass. Would it b ok to put them in conditioned tank separately for time being

Yup. That'd be best actually. They're pretty tough little buggers as well. When I was transporting guppy fry once, one of them accidentally fell into the carpet, it took me a minute or two to find her but I put her back in the tank and she lived to give birth to another generation :)

So I could wait till tomorrow am to get a little tank. Prolly fill it to half or a little over do they don't jump out. When could I start selling them? Also would a beta bowl or tank work. It's just short term n can't spend a lot

Well if you're really looking to start breeding for money, you're gonna need to buy a complete second tank setup. Either way you could probably sell them when they're 3/4-1 inch long, and yes a betta tank or bowl would work for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom