Purple Moscow Guppy Fry On The Way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Fisher

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A few months ago I picked up 5 fry from a reputable breeder on aquabid. They were from a 2012 IFGA champion purple moscow. He was also ofering trios, but my wallet wasn't prepared for that, lol. Well after several months of raising the little guys I've finally got one ready to give birth. I'm planing to sell them this spring at a more reasonable price to help build my reputation more.

BR3MwrJ.jpg

^ I often see a lot of threads here asking " How can I tell if my guppy pregnant/about to have babies?" well there's the answer, when the front of their stomach begins to square off and it looks like they have a small "snout" babies are on the way.

yC7KCso.jpg

^ another note, the gravid spot is not very visible on this side, however it's very obvious on the other.

In my experience with both endlers and guppys they seem to drop a few days before or during a full moon. ( I grew up on a farm and several animals were like this) The moon is waxing now and will be full on the 5th. Looking forward to seeing if this holds true.

Nice fish. I've been looking for purple moscows for a long time.

Thanks, the male is amazing and hard to photograph. I really need to get some pictures of him.

I saw one IFGA breeder had them but he slowed down and quit several lines including the purples.

I definitely want to have a breeding colony of purple guppies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I want some too. I saw some at a swap near Chicago but there were no credentials or grade offered so I assume they were some one's culls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Great to hear! I am gonna start breeding blue-green moscows here soon!

That's awesome, I really do like the moscows. Here's some pics as promised

VWjtmfu.jpg

Little blurry due to being taken through the side of the tank with breeder box. I'm trying to remember how old he is, 4-5 months I believe

tJCUDO1.jpg

as you can see she's huge now. Patiently waiting

How's the progress on the purple moscow fry? I would be extremely interested in purchasing several.

How's the progress on the purple moscow fry? I would be extremely interested in purchasing several.

Unfortunately, she died. She jumped out of the small hole in the lid of the breeder box. :(

The good news is I've got anotherexpecting female. I'll be sure to update when fry arrive, as I am looking to sell some.

Back
Top Bottom