Question about Cichlid fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 8 Zebra OB fry in a 10 G nursery tank. Only about 3 days old. They are swimming but just at the bottom. Mainly just staying by the heater lol.

But when I crumble up the flakes and throw em' in, they don't go and get it because there at the bottom. So is there any tricks to make em' eat?

Or should I just ware till they start swimming around more?

Anyway thanks guys n gals!

I have 8 Zebra OB fry in a 10 G nursery tank. Only about 3 days old. They are swimming but just at the bottom. Mainly just staying by the heater lol.

But when I crumble up the flakes and throw em' in, they don't go and get it because there at the bottom. So is there any tricks to make em' eat?

Or should I just ware till they start swimming around more?

Anyway thanks guys n gals!

I usually feed my frys hikari first bite or small piece of egg yolk. I use a syringe to inject the food (mixed in tank water) by the frys. They normally will eat.

If they can't free swim because of their sac, you do not need to feed until the sac is gone.

I usually feed my frys hikari first bite or small piece of egg yolk. I use a syringe to inject the food (mixed in tank water) by the frys. They normally will eat.

If they can't free swim because of their sac, you do not need to feed until the sac is gone.

What is the "sac" and they are swimming but just not as much as I would like. Although they have started to a little kore today I've noticed..

My cichlid fry did the same they stayed low and did not eat for 2 or 3 days. They feed off their "yolk sac" until it is gone. If you get a magnifying glass and look at the fry you can see the sac attached to their underbellies. As they feed on it it will shrink away. Then when it was gone mine got active and began eating and swimming. The Yolk sac will slow em down and weigh em down, but its natures way of packing a lunch for the fry til they find safe place to hide.
It is fun to watch them grow up!

My cichlid fry did the same they stayed low and did not eat for 2 or 3 days. They feed off their "yolk sac" until it is gone. If you get a magnifying glass and look at the fry you can see the sac attached to their underbellies. As they feed on it it will shrink away. Then when it was gone mine got active and began eating and swimming. The Yolk sac will slow em down and weigh em down, but its natures way of packing a lunch for the fry til they find safe place to hide.
It is fun to watch them grow up!

Lol @ packing a lunch. That's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom