Sex identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MajorMentos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone identify these angelfish as male or female? I think they may be too small but I just want an idea... They are now starting to chase each other around, is that nature's way of testing how strong the mate is?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414929425.370728.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414929481.841619.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414929519.810660.jpg

Well, it's just the yellow and the white one which chase, the silver one just runs, there's bin no alarming aggressiveness, just chasing and the occasional nip.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a bit hard to say from the pics which is female or male. But at a certain age the female's abdomen will swell a bit. Doesn't mean that she's carrying eggs but that's just a female's feature. With most cichlids you can sex males from females by looking at their fins. But also that can be judged at a certain age for young males tend to look like females. But depsite of the fact that angels are cichilds as well, the fin story does not run with the angels.

Back
Top Bottom