Snail breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DIEZLS SNAILS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Around 9 months ago I purchased a few blue Leopard rams horn snails. At first they breeding well but due to adverse tank conditions they stoped growing to full size for a wile. I now have them back on track and hope to selectively breed Them to high quality. I would like to hear about any other snail breeding projects maybe we can exchange insight. thank you I will try to help with any questions

My snails are mostly Red Ramshorns now which I keep and try to make them happy enough to grow, produce well to share. Also have a couple Blues which are just now breeding (only had one large and one tiny baby or 2 back in January)

My situation is I have 0 to 1 KH. Mine tend to grow fairly well to about a 1/4 to 1/3 inch and that is about it. Since that water parameters, I have mostly tanks which prefer lower pH. Not great for their shells.

In my plastic outdoor 125G pond (don't have it presently) the RH snails would get big, almost to the size of a dime. Because I let it evaporate and just added more water so there would be much higher TDS. Plenty of plants made the water quality good.

I love the Leopard RH. Share pics please!!!

Back
Top Bottom