Surprise WCMM baby??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xJennaxNiccolex

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my 20 gallon tank with 6 golden WCMM(3 male 3 female) and 4 pygmy corries for about 10 months, but I've never paid attention to breeding conditions because I wasn't trying to breed them. Today I looked in the tank and, what do you know, a little baby minnow!! Just the one though, so far that I've found anyway, they are small.

So, what do I do with him? Should I take him out of the big tank? The filter current's pretty strong and I don't have anything to fix that with, and I have a 5 gallon and a 1 gallon bowl that I could move him to, neither set up but I could take water out of the big tank and put it in there, but since it's just the one I don't know if he should be on his own?

Also, how to feed him? I've only got flakes, pellets, betta pellets, and freeze dried blood worms.

I really have no idea what to do with him, since I wasn't planning on breeding them I hadn't looked into taking care of a fry at all until about 5 minutes ago!

Liquify ?? Or you could try baby brine shrimp. Just watch out in water changes as they probably just don't have one! I thought their was just one platy and in the Gravel I've just found 6 more!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom