The stork came? Surprise mystery fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fastguppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 2L container at work where I keep aquatic plants, right now it's jammed with Elodea. It also has snails, protozoa, and misc. crud in it. Just yesterday I noticed a lone tropical frying there. I have never bred fish and I have no idea how he got there! He's about 1cm long with glowy eyes and a glowy stripe down each side. Maybe zebra danio?
Anyway, I think he's got lots to eat in there, so just wondering how to ensure his success.
Add an air stone? Right now, lots of photosynthesis happening so there should be enough oxygen for now.
Water changes?
I happen to have a danio tank at home for when he grows up, but in the meantime I want to minimize his stress as much as possible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Strange! Seems like there are plenty of food sources for him in there, just do water changes to keep it clean

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I tested the water today and unfortunately the nitrites were way too high- they were off the charts I ended up moving him to a small Tupperware container and I shifted some of the plants into the container as well. I'm really hoping I can find a fry container that I can put in my regular aquarium so at least his water quality will be good. I ended up taking him out of that other aquarium even though there was a lot of food in there... the water chemistry was way too off for him. Fingers crossed!

He's still alive!

Back
Top Bottom