unexpected platy fry!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shammond15731 said:
Ryan do you have a pic u can share? Also I am absolutely no pro but my platy that is in the process of having fry now is orange and you cannot see the dark gravid spot behind her belly, which is why I was so shocked to see her fry. The only way I know it is hers is she had been under the weather for a while so I had her in a QT by herself (I think she got pretty beat up by one of my males before I knew how to tell the sex of them). So if yours is orange and you don't see the spot don't rule out pregnancy. :) Hope to see a pic of her, and good luck!

Oops...sorry! I was typing :)

Ryan do you have a pic u can share? Also I am absolutely no pro but my platy that is in the process of having fry now is orange and you cannot see the dark gravid spot behind her belly, which is why I was so shocked to see her fry. The only way I know it is hers is she had been under the weather for a while so I had her in a QT by herself (I think she got pretty beat up by one of my males before I knew how to tell the sex of them). So if yours is orange and you don't see the spot don't rule out pregnancy. :) Hope to see a pic of her, and good luck!
picture is above your post

Just thought I would post a cpl pics of the 2 babies I have since the orange wag is now 3 weeks old and I am not exactly sure how old the other one is since I founf it while doing a pwc on my bigger tank and it is bigger than the wag. But I do believe both are little girls now that they are big enough to see even though my pics are not clear enough to see. I love this one, these three are tank mates, the pleco is the baby sitter lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110518_202735.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110518_202735.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 93
Sorry that pic is sideways I couldn't flip it. But here are some of them alone the blue one is hard to get a pic of cause it blends in with everything it is almost transparent lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110518_203034.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110518_203034.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20110518_203058.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110518_203058.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom