What happened to my platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psychozmusic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought 200 l tank last year with one single red coral dwarf platy
I don't have anything in my tank, but plants.
She brought few times few fries which I sold and kept only 5 which are no 6 months old and one male 5 months old. There are also currently fries from them in the tank, not older than few weeks.

As of today the platy mother is missing. Nowhere to be found.
She was around 8 cm big and the rest are around 4 cm, half size of her.
What could have happened to her?
I don't think she's being eaten, because yesterday she was there and her kids are way smaller than her, that just not possible if she died.
I checked the whole ground and plants and everything. Nowhere to be found.
What could have happened to her?

I’m so sorry about your Platy! Unfortunately, fish disappearing randomly happens a lot in the hobby; my only advice would be checking the floor around your tank like Aiken Drum said.

I have a few questions that can help you find her; did you leave your fish tank to someone else at least for a day?

Do you have any family members that could have taken your fish or went into your room filled with tanks? (I’m not implying they stole her, just asking if any young cousins or kids could have went into the room and “played” with your platy)

Did you check the aquarium ground throughoutly? She could have been buried very deeply into the substrate.

And the last one, do you have any pets that could have done the deed?

If you aren’t able to find her, let us know :( Hope it helps!

UPDATE: I found her !!!!
I have no clue where she was hiding, but she just came out and I noticed she is going in the corner where there is a small pit where she did hid herself.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Back
Top Bottom